rss
twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Prayers for Papaw


For everyone that follows this blog and believes in prayer, please remember my Papaw.  As most of you are probably aware, he was diagnosed in November of an inoperable cancer that rests on the superior vena cava, which drains into the upper chamber of the heart.  This is the major vein that carries blood from the head, neck, upper chest, and arms to the heart.  In late December, the cancer mass placed so much pressure on this artery that he began to swell, literally twice his size.  From what I understand, they put in a stent to relieve pressure off of the artery and the swelling almost immediately subsided.  The night before his surgery, much of us gathered around him, as the swelling reached to such an unbearable state.  Fluid actually seeped out of his skin.  I  struggled for strength and composure as my Papaw, a man until the Lord mercifully saved him just a few years ago, I'd never seen cry.  If I'd ever seen someone suffer, he was that night.  Thankfully the stent was successful and he was sent home and is receiving radiation treatments.  He has had about 12 treatments to date.  Last Friday morning, my family and I went to visit him and when I arrived I could tell he wasn't feeling good.  He told me he was getting short of breath and he'd been up since 5a.m.  He was struggling to maneuver his legs to walk, and he was, in his own words, experiencing hallucinations.  He described red rings on the floor.  I rushed him to the hospital.  After being there the entire day, and after breathing treatments, as well as pills to calm him, they couldn't find anything wrong other than the normal progression of his state.  They sent him home.  I went to see him again today and he was feeling bad and the worst part was his swelling is becoming noticeable again.  I pray that the Lord will move on him and either give him a healing or at least calm the suffering.  I'm so very thankful that God chose to save him.  I love him so much.  If God doesn't see fit to provide a healing, I simply pray for a peaceful crossing.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Special people hold special places in our hearts. I sure will keep Brother Bobby in my prayers. Thanks so much for the update!

Angela said...

I will keep the prayers going.

Michelle said...

I hate that he's going thru this! We're praying.....

uneventfulmike said...

Thanks to all of you.

Anonymous said...

Poor guy!
Still praying here too......

Amy

uneventfulmike said...

Thanks Amy.